Wednesday, March 28, 2007

{the real deal}



I'm going through photos from Martha & Jon's engagement party, just quick touch ups before I upload them to share with friends & family that were there...and I came across this one.

Stupid shot. No clue who had my camera to take it. Not good. Not good at all. But, I love it.

See, these girls, us four, we're something good. We're all so different. We each have our strengths & weaknesses and we know how to compliment each other. None of us are alike, yet we're all the same. From the way we talk to the way we dress to the way we walk, we're all so very different. But because we've spent the past 20 years together, we're exactly alike. Yes, 20 years. Twenty. How insane is that?

The dynamics of our group are kind of funny, kind of strange. We each turn to different ones for different things, yet we still need all of us. I wouldn't be able to function with only one or just two of them, I need all three of them.

With us all having separate lives, we don't get the chance to all be in the same room together very often. So when we do, we make a point of having at least one photo taken of all of us together. Stacks of photos. For some odd reason, I love this shot. I can look at this & pick out trademark characteristics of each of us in this random snapshot.

It's not the cute, posed, smiling us, it's just us. And I love us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: