Wednesday, January 14, 2009

{a favor please}

From new kids concert


I know I've mentioned before that my bestest best, Martha, is pregnant. She is 32 weeks, due March 9.

I called her yesterday to see how her dr appointment went. She was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had her first weekly blood check yesterday. I know that she's been having a hard time keeping her blood sugar down, it's even high when she first wakes up. I was worried that she was going to have to go on insulin. When she answered the phone in tears, I was sure that had happened. Turns out that not only are they giving her just one more week to get it under control before insulin, but that she is also 1 cm dialted & having contractions every 10 minutes or so. They put her on bed rest & set another appointment for Friday. If she is still dilating and/or having contractions, they will admit her to the hospital and start her on meds to help the babys lungs develop.

If you're reading this, please please keep her in your thoughts & prayers if you have the room?
We're so excited about having boys so close in age, but 3 months is close enough.

No comments: