Really.
I never post here cause I know that anyone (just about at least) that reads this also has me on Facebook, so why double post. Oh well.
Halloween went off without a hitch. I got home last night feeling really well about the evening. Byron stayed home & slept between jobs while I took the kids to Farrah's house for dinner & trick or treating. Farrah is a friend of my ex husbands family, but her & I have remained good friends. Really though, we're always invited to any event held by his family. I think that is super sweet of them and wish we could attend more, since I really do miss his family. Not him, but his family. ;)
So off we went, gaggles of cousins in tow. It was fun.
And hot, like close to 90 at 7pm. And we got ate alive by mosquito's. I'm really quite over Florida weather. I figure I've paid my dues here. As a rare second generation native, I've put in 31 years here. And I'm over it. We've discussed leaving the state in the next few years. I have a few places in mind that I'd like to look into further. In the meantime, I'll dream of trick or treating through streets filled with fall leaves while wearing a jacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment