Thursday, March 31, 2005

more thankfuls

I just got home from a baby shower for a co-worker and thought of another thankful.
I love the people I work with. It's not an easy job, it's a very stressful place sometimes. But the people, they make it bearable. They make me laugh, even giggle until my tummy hurts & I'm crying sometimes. They hug me when I'm having a bad day and have even wiped tears for me. I looked around that room tonight & saw people that were at my own baby shower, 5 years ago. I saw people that visited me in the hospital when my daughter was born. I saw someone that I watched learn how to walk again 2 years ago after a very bad car accident. I saw the girl that I eat lunch with almost everyday worry about when she drinks too much tea becuase I know her health problems & remember the day 7 years ago when we weren't sure she would live. I watched my daughter play with the kids of someone that I really didn't like when they started, but I now talk to daily & hang out on the weekend with. These people are more than co-workers to me, they are my friends, my other family. And I'm so thankful to have them in my life.

No comments: