Thursday, December 14, 2006

{?}

How do you polietly tell your friends....this isn't up for discussion and I'm not asking for your opinion. How do you explain to friend L that has never even had a boyfriend that you are crazy in love, that this is the best man that you have ever met, that he is everything you've ever wished for, plus so much more? How do you explain to friend M that after her two week courtship prior to her marriage, she has no room to talk & needs to cut the snippy comments....especially 'play house'. I'm not freaking playing house. I'm 28 years old. I'm a mother. I've been a wife. I'm not a fresh out of mommys house 18 year old kid who can't make choices. How do you explain that not only is this a great oppertunity, but in reality, it's the only chance for this relationship to survive, the only way that he can stop traveling...and the travel doesn't lead to a stable envrioment in which a relationship can thrive & children can be raised.

No, really, I'm asking, how do you say that? If someone knows, please share.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

You re read your post and ask yourself if your "friends" are really friends at all. True friends stand behind you no matter what. And IF and only IF it ever falls apart... they help you pick up the pieces and start over. That's what friends do.

I'm glad you are happy. You deserve the best.