Monday, December 18, 2006

{duh - duh - duh - duh - done!}

Other than some clothes & stocking stuffers, I am DONE with christmas shopping.....for Emma. ;) One lunch break trip to Target knocked it all out. Love it.

Did pick up one thing that I'll be giving her now... Alvin & The Chipmonks Christmas DVD. See, we were in the car this morning & that song came on & she said to me, "Mommy, the guy that sings this song, he's the same one that sang the lonely song". Meaning, that annoying song 'Lonely' by Akon, you know the one...with the squeky chorus of 'Lonely. I'm Mr. Lonely.' Yep. I'm surprised that the bad mother gods didn't strike me with lighting instanly. I didn't realize she had no clue who Alvin & The Chipmonks are. So, as soon as I saw that DVD, it went in the cart. Bad mom guilt be gone.

Heading back out again tonight. Not sure where, may actually brave the mall. I want to take her to Santa for photos. Hoping to finish out the list tonight. It's been reduced this year so it should be easy. Thinking I'll introduce Billy to Chipotle's tonight too, since he's never been.

Almost forgot! Not sure how I could... A couple weeks ago Emma told Billy she wanted a little black pup. Wouldn't you know it, the very next day, he came across a little black pup. And he got it for her. Sweet? Yes. Smart? Not so much. He's been keeping the puppy at friends and I saw him for the first time last night. I had no intentions of bringing him home with me, Emma didn't even know about him for that very reason. Well, I took one look & was sold. So we are now owners of a 'little black pup' named Puff. Billy & I wanted to name him Snowball (get it?!), but Emma took one look & said, I'm calling him Puff. It fits, it's a big furball. I'll share photos tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol!!! I'm so glad I'm no longer alone in "puppy world"! Have fun with Puff.
~Lora