Friday, December 07, 2007

So.
It's Friday.
Was seriously doubtful that it would ever come.
Put in overtime this week. Haven't done that in forever & it hit hard.
Really though...

On Monday the boy informed me that during the month long 'break' we took he slept with a girl a few times and she got pregnant. Said she's a good friend, but there's nothing there, has no desire to be with her, now or ever.

So yeah, that was my week.

I think I dealt with it OK? I walked away for a few minutes. I went to the car & got a bag of beef jerky I had bought for a secret santa gift and ate it. Well, I ate a few pieces & then gave the rest away when I realized I was so not in the mood to eat. Then I calmly told him that I want good things for him, I care about him, but this thing with us was over. I will be his friend, I will be there for him to talk to about this when he's ready to, but that is the extent of what i expect/desire from him, friendship.

I'm not mad. I'm really not. We were never in a commited, full fledged relationship. We met, we liked spending time together, we hung out a lot, a whole lot...then things happened. He was travling applying for jobs in other states, we weren't sure he'd even be in FL much longer. My best friend got married & I spent most of my days leading up to it helping her with wedding prep. We both got busy & we drifted a little. It was during that time that it happened. Once our lives calmed back down, we tried again. He moved downtown & was working longer hours. I got promoted & was working longer hours. But we tried. I've known the past few months that we were going through the actions. The 'I do really care for you, but I don't get excited when I see your name on the caller ID like I used to' actions. I've seen other people lately. Seen one person quite a bit. But in the back of my mind, the boy was always there.

So that's that. I'm feeling a lot better about it now. If nothing else, it's a for sure end to something that was on the way out anyways.

And now...

I've done 4 loads of laundry tonight.
Tomorrow morning will find me on the football field again, like every Saturday morning.
Two events tomorrow night, trying to figure out how to juggle them both.
Next weekend, I head to St Pete in preperation for my final divorce hearing.

First though, I need to clean out my undies drawer.
Cause really, that's the best stress relief around.

No comments: