Friday, December 05, 2008

{and we shall call him bay bay baby - part 1}

So let's back track for a bit here....

Monday: I was flat out miserable and feeling super guilty for wishing I'd go into labor since I was still over a week from my due date. That evening I started having pains in my side/stomach/back that were coming every 15 minutes or so. I tried to not think to much of it and figured if nothing else, I'd mention it to the dr at my appointment Tuesday morning. I still hadn't seen what I would consider as signs of labor in the toliet (trying to not be too graphic...) so while I was hopefull that it was something, I wasn't holding out much hope.

Tuesday: Doctor appointment at 8:45. Got up earlier than normal to be able to get Emma to school a little earlier & therefore make it to the dr on time. I had gained 1 lb in the past week (after somehow losing 5 the week before), my blood pressure was on key and while I don't know what my temp was, they didn't mention it being high. The doctor checked his heart beat and didn't say what the rate was, but said "Good. Right where it should be." I mentioned the pains that I had been having the night before and apperntly used the wrong word when I used 'cramps' to describe them. The dr looked at me & goes "Those aren't contractions. Contractions are when you feel like you need to poo but you don't. Cramps are when you need to drink more milk." Seriously. This is the same dr that told me you can't dilate without contractions. Either way though, what I was feeling was what he described. So I left the dr's office, called B to let him know what they said and he said, "So any time now?" I said, "Yeah, anytime now."

I got home around 10:30. I was still feeling crampy, but wanted to try to accomplish some stuff. B left to run a couple errands & go running. I, still hopefull that labor was forthcoming, went to get some lunch at Wendys. Figured, this could be my last real meal for a couple days, better make it good! By noon I had ate lunch & was starting to finish up some laundry. I took a pile of clean clothes to the bedroom and put it on the bed to fold, but ended up laying down instead. The cramping was now about 10 minutes apart. I fell asleep for about an hour, but kept getting woke up by the cramps. I also noticed less movement during this time. He was moving, but just not at his normal level.

Around 1:30, I texted B to see how much longer before he'd be home. He called right back & asked if everything was OK. All I said was, I think we should go now. He asked where, I said, the hospital, he said are you sure, I said yes, we should go. He was home within 10 minutes. In that time frame, I started to second guess myself. I felt 'need to poo' pains, but I did poo at some point, so maybe that was all it was? I had previously said I'd go into labor 12/2 & deliver on 12/3. Was I just physcing myself into believing that was what was really happening? Either way, we packed up the car & headed to hospital. I told B to leave all the bags in the car. Figured that I don't need any of it until after delivery and I didn't want to jinx things. I really thought they would send us home.

No comments: