Something I forgot to mention in the labor/birth story post...
The outcome of the raised heartbeat in myself & Oslee was Fetal Tachycardia due to Choriamnionitis.
Which means...
They felt that I had an infection in my uterus/fluid that was causing irritation and therefore raising both of our heart rates. To treat this I was put on oxygen and a bunch of IV antibiotics. They also drew FOUR BOTTLES of blood.
We proceeded with labor but had to sign something saying we understood that an emergency c-section may be needed if the condition worsened or if my labor didn't progress. Thankfully neither of those happened and instead our heart rates went into the normal ranges. Later on during labor, the blood work came back and showed that I did not have Choriamnionitis. At that point, they stopped the antibiotics that I was on but we did have to have an IV put in Oslee's hand after birth so that he could be treated to treat what they treated me with. Make sense? This also ment we had to stay an extra 24 hours in the hospital.
At the time, I didn't realize how scary all of that was. It can lead to major problems in newborns. I'm actually glad no one took the time to explain it all to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment