Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Once again, I've fallen off the blogger boat.

Have I mentioned that my camera died? Of course not, I haven't been here.
So, yeah, my camera died. It invoved water, a not so waterproof case & Aquatica.

Actually, since I do want to share some photos from the time I've been absent, let's back up to Aquatica.

Emma has been many times, both with her dad who has a pass for himself & her and also with my mom last summer when they first opened. (My stepbrother was visiting and they pretty much spent every day there) I, on the other hand, had never been. Since her pass was already paid for by her dad and Oslee gets in free, I figured it was worth the money to get one for myself. We'll add Byron later, if he ever actually has a day off to go.

Jenn (Emma's aunt) and I agreed to meet up there for our first visit. Activites are so easy to plan with her because our kids are so close in age. Jonathan is only a year younger than Emma & Jocelyn is just a few weeks older than Oslee. For whatever reason, she opted to leave Jocelyn home for this trip. (And totally regretted it the entire day.) So off we went, 2 8-9 year olds and 2 infants. (Her cousin joined us with her 6 month old daughter, Stefi.) I really enjoyed myself, but the kids... I think they would move there. It was such a good day. Not super hot, not crowded. We got a nice spot under some umbrellas back by the toddler play area and just left our stuff there while we roamed the park. Oslee fell asleep in my arms on the lazy river, it was that relaxing. Emma & Jonathan (and Jenn) were in the kids area of an hour, running all around. Meanwhile, Oslee & Stefi sat in the shallow waters & splashed their hearts out. I did manage a couple photos before my camera took a dive.




And yes, he really had to wear that vest, no options.



As fat as this will make me sound, one of the best parts of the day was the food. We choose to get the 'eat all day' wristbands and I don't think I will ever visit again without doing the same thing. It was perfect. We ate lunch...as much BBQ pork, potato salad, baked beans, chicken, watermelon, brownies (and more) as we could. Then at the end of the day, after we cleaned up & changed into dry clothes, we went back & ate dinner. Seriously the best idea ever.


So those are the last photos from my camera. We have our eyes on an underwater digital, hopefully very soon.

Other than that....

Emma is doing virtual school this year. It's an adventure, to say the least. Right at the moment she is making jokes about her math...and I'm not laughing. I know that this was the right choice for her education, but man is it hard on me. I'll have to write more about this in it's own post soon. Other than that, she's busy being a 9 year old girl who lives to talk back & annoy her mother. Seriously. I'm so glad I only have one girl, I don't know if I could handle 2. She's a good kid deep down, I know she is, but man has that good girl been pushed deep lately. Example? It took her a month to clean her room. So not kidding.

Oslee. Mono man. That boy. He is pretty much off baby food. (Is that early? He's 9 months old. I kinda feel like the fact that I've made all of his baby food prompted me to start straight up table food earlier than if I had been using jarred baby food.) He eats what we eat most meals. Breakfast is yogurt with a waffle or pancake. Lunch is whatever we're having...I'll cook an extra strip of chicken when I make myself a wrap or give him some of the fish that Byron has cooked. Dinner, again, whatever we have. He loves spaghetti, rice, chicken... heck, the boy eats everything. Today he happily munched on a slice of cheese from the deli while we did our grocery shopping. On the days that he can't have some of our food, like today when we all grabbed ready made food from Publix for lunch, he had some canned carrots and left over mac & cheese. And more exciting than food... he's walking! Started yesterday but he doesn't realize yet that it's faster than crawling.

That's us in a nutshell. Well, that's the kids at least. Us, me & Byron, we're just playing along with their games, laughing & yelling when either is called for.

No comments: