Monday, November 14, 2005

my weekend of mis-haps

For it being a pretty uneventful weekend, it was also full of plenty of mishaps.

Saturday night, on the way to the club, I rolled down the window in Laura's car. She thought that I was going to yell out to some people walking down the street (which I have been known to do) so she hit the window lock button & tried to roll the window up. I knew she would do that, so I held on the down button, that way she wouldn't be able to roll it up. I held it down until we got to the parking garage & then went to roll it up. It wouldn't roll up. Wouldn't budge at all. Laura is getting mad, I'm freaking out & Steve is in the back seat laughing & just repeating, "Liza! I live for you!" Laura told me that if I couldn't get it up then I would have to sit in the car while they go to the club. I made Steve push the window up while I held the button up & it only went up a couple inches. It was just plain stuck! We turned the car on & off & it still would not roll up. Not sure what ever fixed it, but I got out of the car & it rolled up. I got to go to the club & didn't have to wait in the car like a dog. :)

Sunday evening I went to dinner with Mariel. I told her that I would pay & then we would go cash her paycheck so she could pay me back. We got the bill & I couldn't find my wallet in my purse. Mariel joked, "You better have it or we're gonna be washing dishes!" I found it...and then found out that I had left most of my money at home, I only had what was left over from the night before, $20. That was not going to cover our $32 bill. Just great. We explained it to the waitress, who was super nice about it all. I stayed at the resturant while Mariel ran out to cash her paycheck. 45 minutes later, we were paid & free to leave.

Later Sunday night... Went to get gas. Rolled my window half way up & locked the doors. Went inside, paid for gas, water & gum. Came outside & tossed my change, water, gum & keys in through the half open window & went to pump the gas. Then I realized that I had just thrown my keys into my locked car. Of course they were in a place on the seat that I couldn't reach. The girl working at the gas station couldn't reach either, but she brought out the cordless phone & used the antenna to move the keys to where we could reach them.

Just another weekend in my life.

No comments: