Very rarely do I get super duper mad.
Mad where I could spit nails if it were in me.
Mad where I could swear there's smoke coming from my ears.
Mad with looks that could kill.
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating.
I have a small family. They mean the world to me.
I have a small group of friends. They mean the world to me.
Mess with them? Hurt them? Be derogatory towards/about them?
It's done.
Over & done.
Tonight I confirmed that my small circle of friends will contain one less person.
One person who is continually negative. Continually bringing me down.
I know that I'll be better off without them in my life and I've known this for awhile now. Why it's taken me so long to make the cut, I'm not sure.
Maybe it's because I know that deep down this person is a good person. They have a good heart. They have the ability to be a good friend.
But I've spent the past 6 years waiting for that day to come & it's just not going to happen.
Tonight was the kicker. Maybe because I was so close to the boiling point with them already or maybe because a person that I hold very close to me was the subject of the negativity. No matter the reason, I have one less Christmas card to make this year.
1 comment:
You want some of my cards to make? HA!
Post a Comment