Saturday, September 15, 2007

{sometimes}

Sometimes I forget how small she still is.

Sometimes I don't realize how big she is.

Sometimes I get frustrated when I shouldn't.

Sometimes I forget just how lucky I am.

Sometimes I get caught up in how she looks so much like her dad & acts so much like me that I forget to see that she is completely her own person.

Like today. When she went out on the rink by herself and did the Cha Cha Slide & the chicken dance. Without me, cause I don't yet have a full 100% confidence level on skates again. Without knowing anyone out there. And as I sat there watching her from the sidelines, I realized that she was doing something that neither her dad or myself would have had the confidence to do at the age of 7. She really is her own person. And I love that little person so much. Her long legs, her unruly hair, her missing teeth grin, her over sensitive drama queen attitude. I love all of it and I'm so dang proud to say she's mine.

No comments: