Sunday, February 24, 2008

{and it's over}

Vacation, that is.

I read someone once that the best way to really get to know someone is to travel with them. This weekend I learned that B has never met a stranger. The guy will talk to anyone. It's cute & enduring in a way... except when the conversation goes kinda like this...

(as I take my new glasses on & off & look at them)
B: (to strange woman that sat at our table on the casino cruise) She just got them today & she's not sure she likes them.
strange woman: I think they're cute! Put them on & let me see how they look on you.
B: See, she looks cute in them right?
strange woman: I love them!
B: Doesn't she look like a naughty school teacher?

Really now. Did he have to share that thought? With a stranger? With a STRANGE stranger? oy.

Had a wonderful weekend.
Great weather, a few sprinkles but nothing to cause us to seek cover. The cruise was a bust, but thankfully we were able to laugh at it. Saturday found us in the hot tub, the mineral pool, walking the beach, and taking naps. After dinner we found a great bar where we played pool & listened to the live band until around 10pm when we made our way upstairs to the club & danced until we couldn't stand any longer. (I dance? Yeah, apparently I do.) Seriously, had so much fun that night. Pure luck finding the place, but it was perfect.

So didn't want to leave today. Not only was the 'vacation' state of mind not ready to end, but just the being together part of it. Truly enjoy spending time with him. Not looking forward to waking up to a pillow instead of a crazy boy tomorrow. But it's ok though, our next trip is already in the works. :)

No comments: