Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Casselberry woman found dead....

This is my best friends mother. My bestest best. My 3 months pregnant bestest best friend.

They haven't spoke in a few years.

A couple weeks ago I got a call from M telling me that she was a little concerned because of some odd things happening around her mom. The next day she called me again, frantic this time. Asking if she should file a missing persons report. A few more phone calls were made and the mystery was solved. Mom was in jail.

Almost exactly a week later I received another phone call, this time saying she was dead.

I have so many mixed emotions about this. There was so much animosity in the situation, so many cruel words & hurt feelings.

But in the end, her mom is dead.

I met M in 2nd grade. Nearly 23 years ago. Which means, this person that watched me grow up, was with me at my saddest moment (my grandma's funeral) and my happiest (emma's birth)... this person is gone now.

I've been thinking back on her the past couple days. I often thing of bad things, but I've been trying very hard to block those out & remember the good things. Her cooking. Her crazy stories. How she always let us stay up all night when I slept over. How I was her favorite because I'm Cuban.

The sad part is, in all of those mental images, she has a cig in her mouth or her hand.

M has secluded herself since finding out. I understand, I do, but I want so badly to be there for her. When the time is right though, we will rally around her, just like we did 6 years ago when Laura lost her dad. Just like we do when any one of us needs the support. Times like these are when I'm reminded of how amazingly lucky I am to have the 3 most awesome best friends in the world.

For now though, keep M & her family in your prayers. Please.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

omg.... i'm so sorry.... how horrible for M....