Monday, May 21, 2007

{you're my favorite}




Friday was Martha's 'Bridesmaids Night Out'. Not to be confused with a bacholorette party. Actually, I think we agreed that it was the prequel to the big party. Mainly it was for us all to be together in one spot so can can take a photo for the wedding program, since the grooms sister was in town & won't be again until the wedding. And a good excuse to use the CityWalk passes she had.
Hung out at City Jazz for the evening since one of the girls forgot her ID & that was the only 18 & up club there, but it turned out perfect. It wasn't too crowded so we were able to get a table right next to the dance floor & the band was awesome. Really really good time.

BTW, that photo was taken around 1:30am after a few hours of dancing...hence our messy hair & sweaty faces.

Ended up staying at Martha's Friday night. I didn't feel like making the trek home at 3am and I had a change of clothes just in case, so I crashed on her couch....but not until after Kristina, Martha & I made a 4am Steak & Shake run.

Woke up around 11am Saturday morning, got dressed & ready to leave, wrote a quick note to Martha....and realized that she was parked behind me. If I've learned one thing in our 20+ year friendship it's that you don't wake Martha before noon. Not without a death wish. So I got back under the blanket & went back to sleep. The rest of the house woke around noon, the boys left to go car shopping (Kristina's husband & Martha's fiance) and we settled in to watch some TV. Before we know it, Laura has joined us...after she got off work... around 6pm. Yes, this girl that hardly watches TV spent the ENTIRE day on the couch. It was awesome.

I think that was the point that I realized how good my weekend was going. Sitting there with my three bests. Arguing over where to go to dinner before finally agreeing on Sonny's. Grabbing food from each others plates over dinner. Going back to Martha's & playing Spoons & Bulls**t, the games that cost of countless decks of cards in high school since we always got caught & had the decks taken away from us. And we played until 3am.

I love these girls. Life is so different for us now. There's other friends in our lives...and men. (Including Mr. Kristina who did buy a new car...and spent WAY to much money... causing us to spend a few hours Saturday trying to calm Kristina down before he got home...) But in the end, it always come back to them. They are the ones that hold my secrets. They are the ones I turn to in happiness & sadness. They are the ones that make me laugh, that make me feel good about me, that make realize how lucky I really am.

No comments: