Monday, July 23, 2007

{in an effort to protect the guilty}


....this the only photo I'll be sharing from Martha's batchlorette party. For now at least. Fun was had by all. Some more than others. Those have repented & are trying to move on with life. :)

Seriously. Fun night. I realized why those type of events should be with your closest, most trusted friends only. Personally, I had 2 drinks the entire night, so I did nothing that can't be repeated to my mom. Others, not so much. Started the evening with gifts at Martha's house (lots of night time attire for her & Jon to enjoy), moved onto some Puru cusiene for dinner, then off to Pulse for drinks, dancing & fun. (And if you click that link, yes. It is what you think it is.)

Some of the best 'overheards' of the night include:
You're ruining sexy time!
Can you go kick the drunk bride out please?
Why stop now? You were doing so well throwing up out the window.
Can you try not to move so much when you drive?
Oh, this guy has no idea what he's about to see.
Sorry you had to pee in a parking lot behind a car, bet that's a first? No.
She got out of the car, let out a big sigh & I haven't seen her since. She ran while she had the chance!
You need shoes now that you're home? You didn't need them while rolling around in the dirt or playing with the roaches.

and my favorite... from the groom to be:
I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do, so I threw my hands up & called you guys. If you can't call your best friends, who can you call?

There's something about best friends. Something super special that allows you to see sides of each other that no one else gets to see. I see this in my friends all the time in good times, but that night reminded me that it's there in bad times too. I'm so grateful to have a small, intimate, tight knit circle of friends that are truely family to one another. Grateful for being able to laugh at each other. Grateful to be able to cry with each other. Grateful for the phone call the next day saying, "Thanks for rubbing my back & patting my head & making sure Jon was OK & forcing me to get out of the sprinkers."

No comments: