Monday, July 09, 2007

{overheard at my desk part 3}

Things have changed so much since my last 'overheard' entries. Things overheard at my desk in August 2005.


Today it went more like this:


child: Mom, can I scare her?
mom: I doubt Miss Liza likes to be scared.
child: Ask her.
mom: You want to scare her, you ask her.
child: Miss Liza, do you like to be scared?
me: Sometimes, are you going to scare me?
child: Yes, in 2 point 3 minutes. Forget about it until then.

child: Do I have to ride the scooter back? Can I walk like a man instead?

child, from in the bathroom: Miss Sue, are you there?
sue: Yes.
child: Can you tell my mom to get my backpack and give me my wipes?
sue: Your mom isn't here right now hun.
child: Well, I went poop and I need wipes cause there's poop on my butt.
sue: Um.
child: I tried the toliet paper but there's a piece stuck. I really need my wipes.
sue: Can you wet the toliet paper?
child: I tried. It doesn't work either, it just stuck to the poop and now it's all stuck on my butt. Where are my wipes when I need them?
....minute passes while Sue & I try to contain our laughter...
child: Ms. Sue? I had corn for dinner last night. I have corn poopy.
sue: Liza, talk to him, I can't anymore.
child: I had pork chop too. But no pork chop poopy, just corn poopy. Can someone come help me?


I love my job. I adore these kids. It's so nice to be involved in something that you believe in. Even if it involves corn poopy.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

ROFL!!! I'm dying here... too funny!!