
I was going through my phone & found this photo.
I took it last weekend. On 417 southbound, which is a main route between the east coast & Tampa.
You can't tell here, but the fire vehicle belongs to Tampa Fire Department. So does the fire engine under the road sign. Look closer & see the write vehicle in front of the the fire engine? It's from Tampa FD also. There were about 4 more Tampa FD vehicles in front of that..and about 4 behind the photo too.
In the back of some vehicles you could see stacks of pillows & sleeping bags.
For the past few weeks I had seen all sorts of fire vehicles around town. Mostly on 528, which is the highway to my house...and also the highway to the coast, which is about 30 miles from my home.
It hadn't even occured to me that some of them were from out of the area.
This sight hit me hard though.
A few weeks ago one of the brush fires was close enough to our house that there was burnt vegetation landing in our front yard. People are setting fires on purpose. One woman said she was bored, so she set a fire. Are you kidding me? People are losing their homes cause someone is bored? Seriously now.
No point to this really, just found the photo & thought I'd share.
Oh and this made me cry. Last night when it happened, this morning when it was discussed on the radio and again now when I came across the link. I know it won't mean much to anyone not in the Orlando area...but as silly as it sounds, I'll miss her. I remember watching her broadcasts with my grandma, who actually liked her...and that wasn't common when it came to newcasters & my grandma. Truly a class act and inspiration.
1 comment:
Hi. I have a google news alert set for all Tampa Fire postings and your page came up with a hit for this.
I think you are wrong in saying ALL the vehicles in the photo are belonging to Tampa Fire. The red engine and the white utility truck in front of it, maybe... Tampa did send F/F to assist with the states brush fires.
The yellow and white truck however, the most obvious one in the photo foreground, is definately NOT Tampa Fire! I would know since I work for them... and we don't use that color scheme on any of our trucks.
Just an FYI.
Nice post otherwise.
But the closest vehicle you can see in the foreground is white with yellow stripes, and th
Post a Comment