All of my friends call.
My family calls.
But there's just something about seeing your name pop up.
Something that makes my heart flutter and my lips form a smile.
More than anything else, I appreciate you.
I'm not easy to deal with sometimes, even more so these past few months.
I know that.
But you, you take it in stride.
You put up with me at times that I don't even think I can put up with myself.
I think my one of my favorite moments of late was about a week ago, when I had one of my almost daily crying fits. You kept asking me what was wrong & all I could say was "I'm tired. I'm just so tired." You looked at me & simply said, "Sleep." When I said that sleeping wasn't going to help, that it wasn't that kind of tired, you gave me that 'I'm older & wiser than you' look, moved my hair aside, kissed my forehead & again, very simply said, "Sleep." I remember closing my eyes, but it couldn't have been for very long, and when I opened them again, you were in the exact same spot, still looking at me, straight in the eyes. So I closed them again. And I slept. It didn't solve anything, but I really did feel better.
It's so hard right now.
You work so much.
You're not next to me often enough.
I worry too much.
But deep down, I have faith.
Faith that one day, it's going to be amazing.
And all of this will be forgotten.
Except the appreciation.
That's something that I don't want to ever forget.
Or ever take for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment