Tuesday, July 01, 2008

{baby x 2. not how you think though}

So....

Saturday evening I went to the pet store with Mariel. Not just any pet store mind you, but the one that he owns. It's kinda funny, I've been there with her a few times in the past couple months, but he's only been there once. He stood there, had a whole conversation with Mariel & didn't even look me in the eyes. I can't figure out if he was just so drunk the whole time we were together that he didn't recognize me (very possible), or if he was just avoiding me. Whatever though...

So we're leaving the store, stopped & waiting for traffic to clear so we can pull out...and next thing I know, Mariel is laying on her horn & the car is shaking. Barefoot girl (barefoot & braless, but that's another issue) backed into the side of Mariels car. The passenger side. Where I was sitting. Great huh? After reporting the claim to her insurance company (cause we're not stupid enough to let it wait considering we've both handled auto claims for the greater part of our adult lives) we headed to the hospital. I wasn't really in any immediate pain, but I wanted to get checked out for the babys sake. And everything was fine. They did an ultrasound, checked the heartbeat, my cervix & the fluid levels. I didn't get to see any of the ultrasound images while she was taking them, just at the end. All I could make out was the legs & a profile shot. The legs shot was perfect, from the hip bones to the toes.... kinda like this...

except not that pretty of a photo of course. :)

Everything measured right on target, one day ahead of my due date actually.
I've been feeling OK otherwise. Some neck/shoulder/back pain, which I've been to a dr for also.

Then today, I start feeling a twitch in my lower abdomen. I'm so laid back, I don't typically worry about stuff... but because of the accident, it really bothered me. So I call my dr and describe it to the phone nurse. She asked what the twitch feels like, I told her like when your eye twitches or when your leg muscles spasm....she goes, sounds like the baby has the hiccups.

Hiccups.

Duh.

So I call my bestest best, Martha, to tell her my funny twitching story. I figure since she has baby fever to the extreme, she'll enjoy it. She laughs, calls me silly & says, BTW I mailed you something, make sure you check your mail. I asked if it was exciting, she says, just a note hello, you'll enjoy it.

Right then I knew what it was going to say.

I think I held my breath as I walked in the front door to check if I had mail. And I did. From her. Or from Baby S rather.

I so knew it.

And I'm so super excited.
Her due date at this time is 3/9/09. The day before her 30th birthday.

Our babies will be 3 months apart.
My bestest best, whom I've known since 2nd grade, my rebel buddy, the person I know I can call anytime of day for any reason, the only one who can understand me through tears some days....we're going to be bumping bellies at the NKOTB concert in November. So happy.

BTW... the ultrasound tech says we're expecting a boy. :) Official results are pending our ultrasound with my OBGYN, scheduled for 7/24. B & I were thinking it was a girl, but will be happy with whatever God gives us. Emma wants a brother, but is now stressing over changing boys diapers, claiming she won't know what to do with the ding a ling. Her words. That kid, crazy.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

she just wants to trade him for a dog. HA!