Dear baby O:
I know that you're still living in the darkness of my belly, so you don't get the whole day/night thing. So I'm going to break it down pretty simple for you. Those time frames where you wake up every now & then and I get mostly just squirms & wiggles from you? That's the day time. On the other hand, that time frame where you constantly, non stop jump, bounce, do kung fu moves & make my belly look like it's doing the wave? That's night time. Night time is generally when us big people sleep. Sleep is something that you'll learn to love & appreciate one day. Sadly, it's something that I'm missing lately. I'll get over though. You & I only have a short time left to share those midnight kung fu kicks and even through sleep deprivation, I want to enjoy that time that is ours only, before I have to start sharing you with everyone else. The upside to you actually be HERE & having to share you? We'll finally be able to see you, to smell you, to kiss those chipmunk cheeks. And that is something that we are all looking forward to.
One more thing before I go put your big sister in bed... The other night, when you daddy thought I was sleeping, he rolled over & kissed my belly. He does that a lot. What made it different this time is what he said... I love you my boy. This has been a journey that I hope you will never learn of to get to that comment and it melted my heart more than anyone will ever know. If nothing else, you're guaranteed more love than you can imagine once you get here. So hurry up, but take your time. We've got a lifetime ahead.
1 comment:
You need a picture of you with that belly and a layout with this letter as the journaling.... get on it! HA!
Post a Comment