I haven't had a prenatal doctor visit in 10 weeks.
See, I left my job mid August. Something that I don't think I mentioned here.
With that, I lost my insurance. I finally have other coverage, but the doctor I had been seeing, doesn't accept it. It finally all fell into place today & first the first time in 14 weeks, I heard a heartbeat.
(my last appointment was for the 2nd trimester ultrasound & they didn't do the doppler heartbeat check since they saw it on the ultrasound... so it was the prior appointment that I last heard it, which was 14 weeks ago. We saw it at the 3D ultrasound, but still not the same as hearing it)
Everything is still good. Heartbeat was strong & regular. Weight gain is perfect (less than 15 lbs overall) Baby isn't in position yet, though I know at times he gets there & then moves. Which is fine, got a few more weeks before that becomes a concern. I'm measuring a week ahead...and I've said from the beginning that I'd deliver a week early.
Next check up is 2 weeks from today. Already at the 2 week check up point... he'll be here before we know it. :)
On that note... While I feel totally unprepared for his arrival, I actually think we actually are. As much as we can be at least. There's still a few small things that we need to purchase...and one humungo task. But, I let go of stressing over things a few weeks ago and convinced myself that while there's just some things that are out of my control, everything will work out. So far so good.
BTW.. if there's anyone actually out there reading this.... PLEASE go do the Baby Pool game! The link is over on the right, in the side bar. If you're paying attention, you already know the gender, so you've got some points to start off with! :)
1 comment:
I'm here. Sounds like everything is going great. BTW the ultrasound pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing them here.
JoyFL
Post a Comment