Friday, November 10, 2006

{flashback}

So I'm digging through my desk here at work, looking for tampons. (TMI? We're all girls, hush it. OH, well, not you J....but you'll get over it.) And instead I come across a photo of Jimmy. Jimmy. I mean really, why would I still have a photo of Jimmy here? I kind of remember it being on my desk at some point, I guess I just tossed it in a drawer instead of throwing it out. I considered tossing it into the trash can along with the evidence that I just ate a Kit Kat.....but then I saw the paperclip sticking out of my desk calander on my desk. I flipped back to Febuary & read what the horoscope that I had printed & pinned to my calander nine months ago.....

You're not known for letting things slide. You may even be aware of your sign's
reputation for focusing a bit too much, at times, on details. So now, when one
little thing holds the potential to ruin one very big, very wonderful thing --
something that's been going along quite well, otherwise -- you'll need to remind
yourself of how not to lose the forest for the trees. Sure it sounds trite, but
if it works, it works. And it will.


Stapled above the horoscope is a Dove wrapper, you know the ones with the quotes inside of them.... "Believe in those you love."

And it all came back. Not so much in the form of memories of him, of our talks, our promises, our dreams....but more of the sense of feeling content, feeling safe, feeling loved.

I needed to be reminded of all those things today...so badly.

That photo is now propped up against my computer. Hopefully no one will question it.......oh, him? He's the guy that told me he loved me, convinced me to move from everything & everyone I know to be with him & then decided that he wanted to date a crazy that likes to get him drunk & tie him up. Yeah. Hopefully not. For now though, he's my reminder. That it can happen. That it will happen.

No comments: