When I tell someone that I work in auto insurance, I think they assume that I can tell them how much it would cost to insure their car. I actually have little to zero knowledge in that area. I handle claims, I don't write policys. What I can tell is what level water can reach inside a car before it's deemed a total loss. I can tell you why it's not possiable that you got carpel tunnel from an auto accident. We know things that you wouldn't except someone in insurance to know. Often, we know more than we want to know. In 9+ years of doing this, I've certianly seen & heard things that I wish I hadn't. Often, our friends & family don't realize what we know either. It's not like we go home & talk about knowledge that we've aquired during the day.
A co-workers husband was in an accident a few hours ago, rear ended by a semi truck. When you get a call from your husband and he starts talking about cat scans, MRIs and a numbing pain in his right arm... you know things that he dosen't know. And in this case, she's made the choice to not tell him what she knows. Instead, she sits here, 12 hours away from him. (he was traveling to go on a hunting trip with friends) So if you can, keep her, her husband & their children in your thoughts. Sometimes it's better to not be as knowledgeable as we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment