This is my friend Steve.
He makes a mean cocktail. That one he bought, but he's usually the bartender of the group and he's very good at it.
He is an awesome piano player.
He has a great smile. A contagious smile. A warm & welcoming smile.
And he's gay. Until recently, this was just another part of his personality, something I didn't pay much attention to. Meaning, it wasn't a big deal to me. He likes boys, so what? He's Steve. He's Steve who claimed to save my daughter's life twice since the age of 1. He's Steve who sings me showtunes everytime I see him. He's Steve, the only guy I will dance with cause I know he won't expect anything at the end of the night. He's just Steve, ya know?
I went to Gay Days with him & some other friends this year and that's when I realized the impact.
Someone asked me if i allow Emma around him & his friends. She's never met his friends, but only because I usually see them during parties, which are not children filled events. But when it comes down to it, yes, she will meet them. She will meet Addison, who grew up down the street from me as Justin.
No comments:
Post a Comment