Monday, June 04, 2007

{don't forget, it's just a ride}

A week since I last posted... I'd love to say it's because great amazing things have been keeping me busy, but I'd be lying.

Friday evening was spent working on CD labels for the wedding. Of course, that couldn't be accomplished without food & beverages....

OK, so it's water in there. And it's a cell phone camera. See, my buddy Scott, in St Pete, we have this unspoken agreement. If one of us is visiting somewhere away from home, we take a photo on our phone & send it to the other one. As I did while in South Florida last weekend. We'll, Martha's house doesn't count as being away from home, but the Rolling Rock glass reminded me of him...so I shared.
We did finish the labels. We as in Martha & I. Not Laura & Jon as this photo makes it appear. I'm quite proud of the label design too. Truth be told, Jon was drunk by the point this photo was taken...around 2am. About 20 minutes later he picked up his beer & walked out the front door after hearing that Martha & I both thought Hawaii was located in the Gulf of Mexico many years ago. We blame the Seminole County school system......and a geography teacher that wasn't quite all there.

Saturday I hung out with this guy. Not to bad huh? :) Another cruddy photo, sorry...but it's dark on that ride... Perfect day for Disney. Sprinkles in the morning, but nothing to soak you, just enough to deter tourists. Breezy & overcast the rest of the day. Even had short lines. Perfect perfect perfect. Plus, free. It's good to know people.

Sunday was low key. Went to HuHot with Mariel & Hillary for lunch. Then to the office supply store to get "Hello. My name is" labels for a game we're playing at the bridal shower. (in just a couple more weeks!) Also ran by one of my favorite stores, Lakeshore Learning. Nothing makes me want a teaching degree more than that store.

Went to the library today & became official Orlando-ians again, with cards for Emma & I. Made me miss the St Pete library though, this one was so tiny. The self check out is pretty cool though.

Oh, hit up the gym tonight. Can't forget that achievement. Plans to go tomorrow too. And came home to a new car in the driveway. An upgrade for them means an upgrade for me too. Not too keen on the car that suddenly became mine tonight, but it is a good move...and a sunroof. So I'll get over the fact that the front windows aren't tinted....and the loss of bucket seats....and climate control AC....and radio controls on the steering wheel.... Yeah, I'll get over it. Trading those perks for a car that runs better, is newer & has MUCH less miles on it is a good thing.

No big plans for the rest of the week really. I have an interview Thursday morning, thinking about going to the beach afterwards, since Em has been nearly begging. Also wanting to use the passes I have for DisneyQuest soon.

Other than that.... Just been trying to enjoy the summer, the time home with Emma. (And making some summer goals, may share those tomorrow)

No comments: