Saturday, October 08, 2005

Frogs

I love frogs. Emma draws them for me all the time & points out little frog things when she sees them at the store. I've seen frogs up close before and still walked away thinking they are cute. But lately, I've been seeing way to much of them.

A couple weeks ago, I was in my bathroom getting ready for A to come over & hang out. I got out of the shower, thought I heard a knock on the door, listened for a second, decided I didn't hear anything and started to blow dry my hair. I turned off the blowdryer, again wondered if I just heard a knock on the door and then out of the corner of my eye saw something jump onto the shower curtin. I looked over at it & had to look twice to make sure it really was what I thought it was. A frog. I stood there for a second, first wondering how a frog got into my bathroom & then wondering what in the world I was going to do about it. I stepped out of the bathroom backwards & shut the door. Then I heard a knock on the door & went running. Open the door & A gives me the evil eye as he taps his wrist...

A: Nice of you to let me in. I've been here like 5 minutes.
me: There's a frog in my bathroom.
A: Good excuse. (as he walks into kitchen to put away beer)
me: There's a frog in my bathroom. Go get it out.
A: Your crazy.
me: There is a freakin FROG in my bathroom. Make it go away! (as I grab his arm & pull him down the hall)
A: I don't see a frog in here. Did you start drinking without me?
me: I was not seeing things. I swear to you there's a frog in here. Check the toliet.
A: Why would there be a frog in the toliet?
me: Why would there be a frog in my bathroom?! I don't know, but you've got to find it & get rid of it.
A: SHIT! (as frog jumps on wall in front of him)
me: Told you so.

So yeah, he caught it, took it outside & let it go. This turned into a discussion of how a frog once jumped on him & he couldn't get it off. Later, he came out of the bathroom & was like, you don't have a window in there, how in the world did a frog get in there? Seriously, I have no clue. He also asked what I would have done if he wasn't on his way over when I saw it. Easy. I would have left the door shut until the next time he came over. :)

No comments: