Wednesday, October 26, 2005

{my love}




I love this kid. I mean, I really LOVE this kid. I know I love her, she knows I love her. But somedays, it just overwhelms me. There are the days when I realize that I need nothing more in life than a smile from her. That she heals everything. That she slows me down. She makes me see what's important.
I get so wraped up in me sometimes. Wraped up in work, in money issues, in dating. But then there are the days that I say screw work, screw cleaning, I'm gonna color. I'm going to sit in the bathroom while she takes a bath & count to 200 with her. I'm going to sing the ABCs song until my throat hurts. I'm going to make sure this kid knows how important she is to me, how smart she is, how beautiful she is. I'm not going to care if her socks are by the front door or if she's on her 5th piece of gum for the night. As long as she knows that I love her.

Someone asked me last night what I wanted to be when I grew up. All I ever wanted to be was a mom. I got my wish. Everything else is cake. She's all I need.

No comments: