Tuesday, April 17, 2007

{parents}

If anyone is actually reading this... tell me a few things.

What age do you think is acceptable for children to be left unsupervised?
Situation being, the bus stop in the morning...

2 comments:

Angie said...

It depends on the kid. Some mature faster than others. My daughter is a headcase, and can't be trusted to go to the bathroom alone without getting distracted/lost. My oldest son insisted on walking home from Kindergarten alone. I had to stand as far away from the school as possible for the teacher to still see me so they'd release him. If I was at the door, he wouldn't come out. :P Also, the neighborhood and how safe it is would make a big difference. Generally speaking, my kids start walking to school alone in 2nd grade. I'm not sure I'd leave them alone earlier than that.

Lisa said...

I can only remind you of the 13 yr old that was kidnapped by gunpoint in Ruskin a few months ago in front of his friends and escaped after being tied to a tree for ransom from his parents....

there isn't ever a really good age to leave our children for the predators here.