On the bus stop topic... I agree, kids will be kids. These kids... wow. I don't know how to describe them other than that I've never met kids who behave like these kids do. Just plain downright rude & disrespectful. I could give examples, but I'm tired right now. :) Again, some of the issues only make sense if you know where I live, but I don't want to give out those details on here. (It's not a dangerous place, it's just a different type of neighborhood) For now, Emma will be waiting in the car until the bus arrives.
In other news...
I've been working on something kind of fun this past week. Fun for me at least. Can't wait until it's done & ready to go. :)
I smell like a man today. Hung out with a friend this morning, joked that I forgot deodorant this morning...so he offered up his. And he was right... just made me think of him each time I smelled it.
Speaking of guys... And the real reason I'm here...
Had a blast from the past tonight. Not totally surprised by it though, since he's been sending me random emails for the past couple months. But still surprised at the 'call me' comment. Of course, knowing that he is 1000s of miles away right now made it...well... safe. On both ends.
And we had a good talk. A nice, friendly conversation. Which is important since I sometimes felt he didn't think I was capable of having a friendly (read: not flity) conversation with him. Not to say it was flirt free, but it was a different flirt. A 'we both know it will never happen between us again so we're safe to flirt' type of flirt. We talked about red sweaters, Smirnoffs, endless road construction and 3 hour drives to get 20 miles. We talked about kids. We talked about us. We talked about him. We talked about her. I told him I worry that it happened so quicky, he told me they planned it. He told me that he worries that I'll give up, I told him I'm tougher than he thinks I am. And he agreed. It's amazing to me that the time has passed between us like it has and yet it took nothing more than a conversation starting with... "whatcha doing?"... "eating nerds" ... "i love nerds" ... "i know, reason 236 you should have married me"... brought us right back to where we left off, but better.
I needed that tonight. Things have been confusing in my world lately. It didn't help any of course, he only laughed at the situation.. but I needed that. That laugh. That friendly conversation. He says we'll keep in touch better now and I'd love for that to happen. But if it doesn't, it's OK. I have my closure. He's OK. I'm OK. We're OK. And I've closed it.
And lastly, the thing we always agreed on... He heard this playing on my iTunes in the background, said he thinks of me when he hears this song..... So I listened to the words closer and have to agree... very us. Very OK.
Music Video CodesMyspace Music
No comments:
Post a Comment