Today is payday. :)
Taking Emma back to school shopping tomorrow. She's been looking at stuff online & in the Sunday ad's and has a list of places she wants to go. Lord help me make it through the day with my little fashionista.
Yesterday was a shuttle launch. I live not to far from the Space Center. In fact, my house is about 3 miles past this sign...
Normally this means a good view from our driveway of launches, such as this one, from the launch prior to yesterdays. (Sorry, but I can't remember names)

Yesterday though, the launch was set for 6:36pm. To me, this spelled out traffic issues on my way home since I usually get home about 6:20-6:30. My mom swore I'd be fine since everyone knows you have to get to the coast hours before a launch but I knew there would be the last minute straglers thinking they could make it in time. The trouble is, there's only one road in & out to where I live, so there's not really an alaternate route... this same road is the main road to the coast, it's even called 'The Beachline'. So, I figured out which way I could go to avoid getting on the The Beachline until I absoutly had to. I got on at 6:35pm and as far as I could see, the road looked like this:
I kinda of rolled my eyes at the people on the side of the road at first. With their video cameras & fingers pointed in the air. My first thought was, it's a shuttle launch, it happens all the time, just let me get home. Then I noticed that many of the cars had out of state tags.
I forget that not everyone can watch launches from their driveway. That not everyone has been awoke by sonic booms. I forget sometimes that things I take for granted are miracles for others.
So like a good Central Florida kid, I found a station broadcasting the launch & listened and watched:
So there ya go Lora, photos... from the car.... on the highway. lol

No comments:
Post a Comment