Or as the boy referred to it, the thing that must end soon so that everyone with daily contact with you can regain their sanity.
It's done & over with. I let out huge sigh of relief as we exited the theater after the ceremony... but around 5AM it sunk in that it was really over & I was a little sad. The boy quickly snapped me out of it though, thank goodness for him. :)
I have tons of photos & I won't bore you with them all, but I do have quite a few favorites... Starting with the getting ready part, at the hotel. (getting ready at the theater is a separate post lol)
btw...I've struggled with what to post here. On one hand, I think, don't bore them, they don't care.. on the other hand I think, are you kidding yourself, no one even reads this! And then since i ran out of hands, on my foot I say to myself, self, this is your blog, post those photos & those memories before you forget them! Self usually wins my arguments, this is no exception.
First, let's back it up to the rehearsal. I was so tired when I posted about it the night of.... I think part of the aim of weddings is to bring two families & two sets of friends together. The point is marriage, but the aim is the joining of family & friends. At least *I* think so. This wedding, it so accomplished that. Martha's friends are now all of our friends. Jons friends are our friends. His family, her family, we're all one now. We share this intimate bond, the bond of being witnesses to their love for each other...and I'm so thankful for that. A couple more photos from that night... The girls. The boys. My Ommpa Loompa skin. (Don't listen to a bride that wants to go for spray tans two days before the wedding, otherwise you spend the wedding morning rubbing nail polish remover on your skin to even out the orange/brown tones) I really love these photos for some reason.... (and yes, I do run around barefoot at often as possiable. Silly Jackie slipped her's on right before the photo was taken, make me look bad...)
The morning of. I picked up Laura C. (left in this next photo) and we made a grocery run, in our Martha's Angels t-shirts..... OJ for mimosas, doughnuts, crackers, soda, water & oreos. All that we would need to make it through the day.
Not too much to say about this part of the day really. We watched a lot of TV. Talked about a bunch of nothing.
Martha. She made me proud. She's been so stressed over this wedding. Panic attacks left & right. But this day, she was like a breeze in the room. No stress what so ever. Seriously made me proud. She asked a couple times what time it was and freaked out a little when Kristina took a call on Martha's phone & then came out looking mad & wanting to know where her own phone was & disappeared again.. but we deterred it by changing the conversation. (The florist hadn't arrived yet & the coordinator was getting concerned, it all ended up OK though) Really though, made me proud. Did what I knew she could do...relax, get beautiful & prepare to marry her prince.
After we all had awesome hair, beautiful makeup & some food in our bellies, we headed over to the theater to get dressed.... part 2 soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment