Sunday, April 06, 2008

{and then it all changed}

Today....
I was once again reminded why my best friend is the best I could ever ask for.
I laughed when I wanted to cry, only because it was the only way I could hold tears in.
I sat on the couch with the man that has brought so much into my life as of lately & discussed a choice that no matter which way we go, will change everything.
And then we napped.
Cause really, that solves everything.
Or maybe it was because I secretly hoped that I'd wake up & realize it had all been a dream.
As we walked to my car with a dead battery (hello murphys law), I really felt like I couldn't hold back tears any longer. It was then that he grabbed me & said, "Watch out! Ninjas! Oh. It's just the neighbors."
And again, my tears were held back by laughter.
I said thank you, he said for what, I said just thank you, he said you're welcome & squeezed my hand.
And in that moment, I knew that everything had already changed.
And that everything was going to be OK.

No comments: