
forms

There's no real reason I'm still married. It's not like we are getting back together, not like I harbor that hope, not like it's even something I want. I guess it's just the combo of not having the extra money for the filing fee & not having any good reason to do it. Granted, doubling my child support is a good reason. (We set an amount & agreed to it when we split, me not realizing it's half of what the state guidelines are) I have been thinking about it a lot lately though, the past couple months. The past few days though, I've been reminded by someone that I am married. Someone that has said it's not an issue...yet. Someone that has me looking towards the future. Someone who has restored my faith in love, my faith in marriage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing this because of him or for him. But his presence has given me the extra push that I needed. Finally doing it.
3 comments:
yay!!!!hugs!
hmm, it took me 2 years to finally do it. We did not live together, he did not pay for dd, but...I just could not do it. I am glad I did, I am happy with my life, but I am still sad that I wear that title, Divorced. But! I am happily married now and it only took 6 years after the divorce. You will be fine, it is a step you need to take. Happy for you!
Liza when you feel its time its time. I am glad that you are feeling comfortable with it and knowing that its time to move on. I love that you have someone in your life no matter what stage it is at.
Hugs
margo
Post a Comment