Apparently Sheri has tagged me...and I didn't even realize it!
So here are 5 random tidbits about me:
1. I am half Cuban and know very little spanish. I failed high school spanish. I can listen to a conversation in spanish & understand most of it by piecing words together. I do know the basic stuff, but wouldn't be able to carry on a conversation if needed. I do know American sign language though, that's the language I choose to take after I failed spanish. I love ASL, love learning new words, love using it in the rare chances that I get.
2. I was in the first Daisy Girl Scout troop formed in Orlando. I stopped after that year & went back once I was Junior age, skipping Brownies. I was a Junior for 2 years, moved into Cadettes and was there for 3 years. I was accepted to attend a 'Wider Opp', which is a summer trip that you have to apply for. The one I went on was traveling Florida, starting in Merritt Island then onto Sannibel Island, Key West, Miami and then back home. While in Key West, a group of girls & I ran into a drunk sailor at the base we were staying at, jokingly asked if we could drive his car, he said yes & of course we did. We were 13 at the time and got in major trouble with the trip leaders & the MP at the base. We had to stay with leaders for the rest of the trip & of course our parents were told once we got home. I was 'banned' from further 'Wider Opps' and ended up leaving scouts after that summer, I was starting high school & it was no longer the COOL thing to do.
3. I played the flute for 3 years in middle school band. I tested first chair during the whole 3 years. My instructor prompted me to try out for our Tri-County band, a group of the best from the 3 counties in my area. I got the sheet music, had it down within a week & ended up not trying out. Band was fun for me & I didn't want it to become pressure in anyway. I made the instructor cry once, for not paying attention during a final concert practice. He told my mom that he was frustrated to see my talent go to waste because I was more interested in talking to my friends than playing. Again, once I went into high school, it wasn't COOL & I quit, much to the dismay of my instructor.
4. I've had 6 stitches in my entire life. 3 above my right eye, I hit the corner of the coffee table when I was 3 while playing follow the leader with Sesame Street. 3 in my right knee, for a surgery I had when I was in 7th grade. At the age of 5, my daughter has had 5 stitches, quickly catching up with me.
5. I still live in the general area that I grew up in & often run into people from school that tell me that even though I was a huge snob in school, I'm the nicest person now.
My turn to tag!!! Hmmm.... how about Radona? You're up my friend!
1 comment:
okay, that was a round robin! so let me see, I can find someone to tag!
Post a Comment