Friday, September 02, 2005

{heatbroken}



Transcript of full interview, along with a link for audio.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin:

Organize people to write letters and make calls to their congressmen, to the president, to the governor. Flood their doggone offices with requests to do something. This is ridiculous.

I don't want to see anybody do anymore goddamn press conferences. Put a moratorium on press conferences. Don't do another press conference until the resources are in this city. And then come down to this city and stand with us when there are military trucks and troops that we can't even count.

Don't tell me 40,000 people are coming here. They're not here. It's too doggone late. Now get off your asses and do something, and let's fix the biggest goddamn crisis in the history of this country.


If you don't get it yet, listen to this man. Go and listen. Listen to a man that dosen't care what kind of trouble he's going to get in for his comments, he just wants to save his city. Reading his words is one thing, but can't read frustration. You can't read dedication. You can't read tears. Listen. Do something.

1 comment:

photographer said...

I agree, total mess up down there! I just do not understand why things can't be done differently. Our local and federal governments have failed those people! Too little too late! I am mad, but unable to do anything about it...till voting time comes!