Friday, February 24, 2006

{still around}

It's been a busy week. I haven't been feeling great at all. I have a dr appointment for this afternoon & I really would love to cancel & just enjoy my day off work, but I know that I need to go & figure out what the issue is.

So, last weekend was good. Not excatly as planned, but still had a good time, was great to get to see J again & spend a little time with him. Just a little time though...and not as I'd really prefered it to be since his son was there, but it's OK. OK. That's kinda how we are now I guess. Nothing bad (at least I don't think anything bad) but maybe just trying to slow down a little. Which is really OK.

Move stuff has been on my brain this week. Looking for places to check out to live (yes, part of the slowing down thing. May move in with him, may not, but no matter what, it's OK. Getting the new mantra here?!) Probably going to head down there tomorrow for the afternoon/night & check out some places. Getting pretty excited. Getting nervous too, especially the money part of it, but you know what? Yes. It will be OK. :) OH! I have a phone interview next week for a job transfer at work, wish me luck!

Do these blue shirts look familier?


Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is in town so we headed over to the site Tuesday night. Didn't get to see Ty, he was at another site, but it was still fun. The homeowners sister in law was right next to us & she was just too sweet. She was in tears and just kept saying how happy her sister in law is going to be, over & over & over. Best comment of the night? "That's not a house, that's a mansion" followed by "They went & put a mansion in the hood." Yeah, not the best area of town, but the lady is very deserving. Somewehre in this mess of a house, I have a flyer with her story & a drawing of the completed house, I'll try to find it.

After we left the house site, we went to the mall, me, Martha & Emma. Emma finally got to do Build A Bear... and the kid picked a frog. I love her. She wasn't really in a photo mood that night, but I did get a couple. And the frog is currently living in my room while she's at school, love it.

Then, best part of the week so far, Keith Urban!

Not great photos, not great videos, but a damm good time. Our seats were high, but dead center. And wow. That man. OMG. HOT! Amazing accent, he could have just talked all night & never sung a word & it still would have been perfect. But when he did sing, wow. Seriously quite possiably the best concert I've ever been too. There were points where it seemed like he forget we were even there, it was like watching this kid just play around with his guitar & sing & just have a good time doing it. But he knew where he was, like he knew he was in Orlando & tried to make it special to us. I know they do that everywhere, but you can tell when someone is being reminded of what city they are in, he seemed to really know. Make sense? Even made mention of Howie In the Hills, asked if anyone was from there & when the crowd screamed he said, oh, the whole Howie in the Hills population is here tonight! Which is pretty accurate, all 100 people that live there. :) See, thats what I mean, he knew what he was talking about. Love it. Here's a little video from the night, again, not great, but good memories. I wish I had remembered I could do video sooner, this whole little piece with him just playing on the guitar was awesome, he'd go up & down the ramp while going up & down the notes on the guitar. Did I mention he plays a mean guitar? Seriously. The encore included Space Cowboby, wow, that man can play. And his band, OMG, they did an Aerosmith song on their own, just amazing. Yeah, good times.

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

slow is good... baby steps... I hear you loud and clear... I also feel the pain on how hard that can be.