Thursday, May 11, 2006

{3}

That’s Kristina & Jason’s number. They will be getting married on 6.3.06. The 3rd day of month, in a month & year that is a multiple of 3. There will be 3 layers on their cake. The throw away boquet will break into 3 once thrown. They have matching rings (not the wedding bands) with ‘forever 3′ engraved inside them. That’s their number. I don’t really get it, but it’s cute.

So. I was going to let this little RAK thing drag out longer…but I don’t think anyone but Angie & Sheri will answer….and you really can’t get any closer than Angies guess. 3. Seriously, where’d you get that number? Was it a ramdom guess or had I said it before & not realized it?

3 times. That’s all we’ve seen each other. The day we met….we met for lunch, I was adamant about paying, he told me later that he only let me pay so that he’d have an excuse to take me to the movies, so that he can pay for something…so we had lunch at Chilis, walked over to Barnes & Noble, drove an hour looking for the movie theatre, watched “When A Stranger Calls”, still didn’t want to end the day, went to Lakeland Square Mall, wondered around til we sat down & stared at each like silly high school kids, finally decided to go back to my house for pizza & a movie… so our first date started as lunch & turned into lunch, dinner & 2 movies….because neither of us wanted to say goodbye.
A couple weeks later, I went to Tampa & spent the weekend at his house, with him & his son C, at that point, he had asked me to move in with him, so he wanted me to be there for the weekend, sort of test the waters. Then Monday, I saw for the first time in over 2 months….and really, it was like only 2 days had passed. Everything fell right back into place.

Three is the right answer. Only three times. I thought about that the other day. How did I fall so hard for someone that I’ve only seen 3 times? How is it that we know each other so well in such a short time period? I’m sure the hours upon hours of phone calls had a lot to do with it. The fact that we talked about anything & everything under the moon….and agreed on all of it. Maybe he was right when he said that it IS possiable to love someone even without seeing them for 2 months.

No comments: