OK, forgot to link these photos…
photos of the house so far
It’s just the kitchen, bathroom & desk, that’s all that’s done so far. I’d post them each here, but I can’t resize & stuff here from work & there’s the whole dial up issue at home. (Just for one more day though! I will be DSLin’ by 6pm tomorrow!)
So that’s my little home so far. And it’s little. Let me tell you. LITTLE. Appx 820 square feet. HUGE back yard, great sized kitchen, but overall, little. And it’s old. It was built in 1925. The house was previously owned by northerners who used it as a winter home. For whatever reason, they quit coming & then quit paying the morgage. The home went into foreclosure & then had a fire inside. Accident, right? Ha. My landlord bought it once the renovations were completed, so I’m the first to live in it since the fire. Everything is brand new appliance wise, which is super nice. Brand new carpet, fresh paint, etc…. but the house itself is old. There’s a cute little screened in patio on the front, which I love. Emma was jumping up & down on it on move in day & my mom made the comment that she was jumping wood that was as old as my grandma. Kinda fun to think of it that way!
I’ll take more & share more once I finish things. The goal was to have it done by this weekend, since Mariel is bring the boys down & we’re going to the zoo for Mothers day on Saturday….not sure it will happen, but I’ll try!
On a different note….
Some things don’t change based on location… J still has a way of saying just the right thing at just the right moment…. The type of things that make me hang up the phone & say outloud to myself, I love that guy. Now, I don’t LOVE him….but wow, I love him. Did it take me 2 hours to make the 20 minute drive from his house to my office? Yep. Did I drink soda (real soda, not diet, eek!) all day yesterday to keep myself awake? Yep. Did I come home from work & hit the couch yesterday? Yep. But you know what? I’m glad I was so tired. The tiredness was my proof that it wasn’t all a dream.
Now. Anyone reading this will think I (we) are crazy once I reveal the answer to this…. but in an effort to clean out some of my scrap stuff, I’ll offer a RAK to the person who comes the closest to this question… How many times have J & I seen each other? Not how many days, but how many times, how many occasions. Make sense? Like a weekend spent together, that’s one time. Up for grabs is a RAK of scrapbook supplies… not sure what it will be, but I promise it’s not junk. I know I’ve got more 3 Bugs In A Rug paper than I will use…so how’s that sound for starters?
No comments:
Post a Comment