When I was little, after every bath, my mom would put a towel behind my head, covering both of my ears & then “shake the water out”. Just a little tilt to one side & a shake, shake, shake, then to the other side with a shake, shake, shake. I loved it. When Emma got a little bigger, I did the same to her. It’s her favorite part of bathtime…and mine.
Yesterday, I did a little shake, shake, shake. I wasn’t clearing out water…just junk. Junk that’s been clouding up my head lately. As my friend Steve would say, I cleared my head. And it feels good.
I went shopping last night. Dropped $100+ on nothing but clothes/shoes for me. I deserve that, right? I constantly buy Emma clothes. She has more than she has time to wear. Me? I have a closet full of stuff that is too big or too long or just isn’t my style anymore. Even my shoes are all too big. Granted, I need to return the dress I bought (apprently a size 10 fits everywhere expect up top), one of the skirts (even though I ADORE it) and one pair of shoes. But, it made me feel really good. Ran by the Ale House where the manager (a new friend of mine) had a to go order waiting for me….after spending nearly all day on the phone with him listening to his girl problems, he owed me. Went home, talked to Martha, talked to Steve… (who is fixing my tire tonight, that boy is too good to me) Just a nice night overall. A night for me. A night to clear my head. Woke up this morning, put on some cute new clothes, had a nice conversation on the way into work….and then again while I went downstairs to get breakfast (decided I didn’t want to wait til after work for us to talk again)…getting ready to head out to Bahama Breeze for lunch soon… I’m just rambleing now…
Basiclly, I cleared it all out. I’m not stressing. I’m not worried. What happens will happen. Is J the man of my dreams? Maybe. Maybe not. Confirming that in my head, believing that, it makes life so much easier. When life is easy, life is good. I’ve even got plans to hit the gym next week during lunch with two new workout buddies. Now that is a clear head. That is me, back to normal.
I love it here. I love this new life I’m molding for myself. And I’m determined to make the best of it, to get everything possiable out of it.
I want to explore this new area. I want to be a tourist & check out all the fun spots. I want to be a local & know all the small, hidden spots. (Note - check out that pizza place I drove past last night near 28th St & 34th Ave)
Tomorrow, we make the first tourist stop. Lowry Park Zoo. Never been there.
For dinner, a locals place. Sharky’s, right on the beach. Been there once, with some coworkers when I came for training in 2000. Loved that you have to get your feet all sandy just to get there. …… or may BBQ at home…. haven’t totally decided… or hey, could check out that pizza place…. Who knows. We can decide as we go. That’s easy, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment