Monday, May 08, 2006

{i didn't know i was looking}

So I kept thinking, I’ll post on the blog once I get internet at home. Kept putting it off until then. I got connected on Friday. Dial up for now, the DSL will be ready on the 11th & I CAN NOT WAIT. It’s been so long since I was on dial up, I forgot just how slow it really is!

Anyways, got connected on Friday & still didn’t post over the weekend. Was just so dang busy.

So…long update.

Got all moved in. Started loading the truck about 9am & unloaded the last thing about 8:30pm. Granted, this included the 2 hour drive between Orlando & St Pete, stopping for lunch before leaving Orlando & little breaks here & there. One of those breaks came about when Emma decided she was tired, so she unloaded the pieces of her bed, put them in her new room & told my step dad, “I’m tired. Put my bed together pop pop.” She then went back in the truck, found a pillow & a blanket & laid on my mattress while he put her bed together. Love that kid. She was such a big help that day. Actual help. Loaded & unloaded boxes. Super good kid.

Still getting unpacked. Little by little. It WILL get all done, that’s what I keep reminding myself.

This weekend was busy. I really thought my first weekend after moving in would be nice & slow, leaving me plenty of time to finish unpacking. Instead, I was hardly home and slept in my own bed last night for the first time since Thursday.

Friday night I ended up driving up to Orlando for a Cinco De Mayo party at my friend Steve’s house. Steve usually throws awesome parties, so while I didn’t feel like making the drive, I didn’t want to miss it. Honestly, should have stayed home. Not sure why I didn’t have a blast, but I didn’t.

Met Mike Saturday morning to pick up Emma. I miss that kid so much during the week. Love that our weekends are filled with doing things together though. We didn’t do that as much before, but knowing that I only have her a couple days makes them seem more important. So, picked her up, went home, hung out for a little & waited for my other friend Steve to get off work, different one that in Orlando.

Now, about this guy. I mentioned him briefly once before. We met a month ago. As friends. He drove to Orlando a couple times to hang out before I moved. Once I started working in Tampa & having to commute here, he offered for me to stay at his place when I wasn’t able to stay with Kristina. He works 6pm-10pm most nights, so I would get there just in time for us to eat dinner (which he would have ready when I got there) and then he’d leave for work. I hung out, watched TV, checked my email & usually feel asleep on the couch until he got home. We hang out a little longer, talk, watch TV, sometimes go to the hot tub. During that time, things blured. We began talking everyday, sometimes more than once. He would call & say how he’s looking forward to spending time with me later that day, or how we’re good for each other right now. I’d mention that Kristina offered an extra grill they had to me & he’d say that he’ll go get it for me….or that he’ll install fans once I get moved in…just lots of refrences to things in the future. Not long term future, but you know.

OK, I hit save, went to lunch & came back to realize that this is getting way to long. So I’ll sum it up….

It was clear between me & him in the begining, but now I don’t know. Saturday I met up with him after he got off work and we (me, him, Emma & his daughter Morgan) went to his friends house for a pool party. That’s meeting the kids. That’s big. We agreed that we would play it off to the girls that we were friends from work. His last relationship was bad & he said that he ‘didn’t want to her put her through that again’ and I agreed. Several people have told me that he & I are starting a relationship, weather I realize it or not. So now I’m stuck. Do I question it? I don’t even know what I want the answer to be. For now, I’m going to let it roll. I enjoy spending time with him, he says he enjoys spending time with me. He says I’m too good to him, but I think he’s too good to me. So for now, it’s working. Soon I’ll have to have a better understanding of the relationship, but for now, it’s good.

No comments: