Friday, July 21, 2006

{even more randomness}

Is that a word? Randomness. Random-ness. Random ness. Loch ness.

Anyhoo...

I wanted Arbys for dinner tonight. Really bad. And I NEVER want Arbys. I don't even like roast beef...I just go for the curley fries. So I decide to lay down for 20 minutes first (been SUPER exhusted lately)....I woke up 45 minutes to a rumble in my tummy & a monsoon outside. Pizza sounds good too. Order it online, ultimate lazy move. The delivery guy gets here, bangs on the patio door. I don't understand why they don't just open that door & come to the front door, but I'm used to it now....but this one, wow, bangs & bangs. So I go out there, my pen won't work, come back inside & get another pen, it won't work, get another one, figure out that they won't work cause I'm trying to sign on the side of the door frame, I need to lay it down. Meanwhile, pizza guy looks kind of lost, but with a smile on his face. My total was $21 (I planned ahead... this will last me all weekend) so I decide to be nice & give a $4 tip to make it an even $25. Give him the reciept & say thank you and he looks at me, smiles again & give me the sign for thank you. Then shook his head & mumbles something that sounds a little like thank you & turns away. If I hadn't been so stunned, I would have stopped him (how, I don't know, yell?) and sign thank you back to him, but I didn't. I took my pizza inside & smiled, knowing that while he may not realize it, but he just connected with someone. Not sure if those words put across my point....but it felt good. Makes me want to brush up on my ASL.

What else...

Oh. I joke with James that he has a huge head...both in size & in ego. He really does...on both counts. Well, my friend M may have one just as big. She IMs me tonight, she was at work, I was at home...small talk for a minute & then asks how things are going with James. I tell her my simplifed answer, the one that answers the question yet dosen't give her all the info. Which is, things are good. She tells me that she was wondering because he requested her as a friend on MySpace & he looked at her profile on match.com & she wanted to make sure he wasn't pulling a Jay. (Jay would be a guy that I fell head over heels for, asked her to give him a message one night & within a month he was in her bed cause she wanted to know "what the big deal about him was".) I bit my tounge from what I really wanted to say....he thinks you're crazy, desperate, insane, annoying & ugly. But instead I simply told her, Yeah, I know, he told me. Which is true...we were actually on the phone when it happened, I sent him the link to her profile. Trust me, this is not a situation where he's looking to jump friends.

OK...speak of the devil & he calls. I'm gonna bitch for a minute. She effin emailed him thru match.com. What is the point of that? Seriously. She emailed him thru MySpace awhile back....thankfully he knows the Jay story & called me as soon as he got it. She ended up telling me about it later that day....but again, what is the point?! The MySpace email was basiclly asking him what the deal was, why me & him weren't dating when we obviously enjoyed hanging out with each other. She played it off to me like she was trying to be matchmaker. Like I need any freakin help. He was not impressed at all, said that she's more concerened with me & him getting together than me & him are. A month or so goes by, we do end up getting together & she emails him throug MySpace AGAIN! Asked him his credintals & measurements. Um. WHAT? Neither of those things are any of her business, there is no explnation of why she needs to know this stuff. Then tonight to go & email him through match.com & ask him what he thinks of her profile.... no point to it folks.

This guy is MY friend. He's MY love interest...at least on some days. HA! I don't go into her MySpace & email guys she's interested. I don't try to play matchmaker for her. I don't ask them their credintials & measurements. She's never even met him....he's not my boyfriend....there is no need for her to try to make friends with him at this point in time. Maybe if Jay hadn't happened, maybe if I trusted her like I used to....maybe this wouldn't bug me like it does. Bottom line, I don't trust her.

But now, somethings got to give. Cause I'm the one who gets the pissed off phone call cause she's tracking him down all over the internet. I'm the one in the middle. And she put me there. I don't know how to politely tell her to chill with the emails before he tells her off.

Good part of this... I trust him. I know he wouldn't pull a Jay. I love that he calls me to make sure I know what she's doing. I love that he bitches on the phone about how messed up my friend is. That sounds strange, I know, but....it's him. It's us. It's how we function. And I won't let her screw it up.

I had more to write right now, but it's all jumbles now. Tomorrow. Peace out.

No comments: