Friday, July 07, 2006

{friday!!!}

Why is it that shorter weeks always seem longer? Just super happy that today is Friday.
I think Fridays are going to become random brain dump days..... :) So let's see....

Did a bit of shopping yesterday. Can't pass up clerance at NY&Company. Seriously one of my favorite stores. Left with 3 tops, a pair of gouchos & a skirt....for about $60. Love that place. Stopped in Forever 21 also...hands down best place for buying accessories. Picked up a cool black necklace. Found a shirt that is perfect for the luau I'm going to next weekend, but I was sure it wouldn't fit. Wasn't in a try on clothes mood, so I bought it (and another too cute to pass up top) and hoped for the best. Got home, tried it on & it fit. Way to happy over that considering that Forever 21 is a juniors store & I don't fit juniors usually. :)

Hopefully will be spending the day in Ft. Myers tomorrow. Had a little...um...not arguement...more of a 'but I want to stomp my feet' moment yesterday. Turned out great though. Clarified some things, confirmed we are on the same page. All good stuff. I did confess that I hesitate to call him sometimes & that bothers me. A couple weeks ago I would have called 4 times in a row & not thought twice about it, cause that's just what we do. But now, when the urge to call right back after we hang up hits, I stop myself. Too scared of being "that girl". But again, we talked about it & it's all good stuff. Poor guy really had to put up with a lot from me yesterday....to the point that at one point he said, I just don't know what to tell you. To which I told him, don't tell me anything, just listen, you just happen to be playing the part of the good friend & the part of the romantic interest, all at once. Thankfully he thinks that's a good role to play....and he plays it so well. So...hopefully we'll have tomorrow together. Our once a week thing. Our effort to make it work with conflicting work schedules & 125 miles between us. Our effort to do this, but not rush into this.

Other than that, no big plans this weekend. Emma comes home Sunday, been at my moms the past week, so I'm missing her right now.

Luau at Martha's next weekend, for Jon's (her boyfriend) 30th birthday. Totally looking forward to that.

Had a very open conversation with Mike this morning, glad that we can talk like that. It's been over 3 years now since we've slpit. So thankful that we're at a point where I can question something & him not jump on defense. Thankful that he's comfortable enough to admit that everything is not perfect in his current situation. Thankful that we can have the conversation like adults & not end up yelling at each other.

My grass is getting high again. Thank you summer afternoon showers....every single day nearly. I should mow it.... but my worst guilty pleasure is watching my landlord mow it. Yum. It's not part of the lease, but since he lives next door, he's been just mowing mine when he mows his. Seriously a guilty pleasure though. I feel such guilt watching from the A/C house as he mows, even though I own my own mower.... but such pleasure from watching. Wow, that sounds bad.

No comments: