I have a small confession.... something that I didn't even realize until just now....
I have an obsession with desk calanders.
I realized yesterday that I didn't have a 2007 one yet, so I ordered it & it came in today.
First I smelled it. Love the smell of the new plastic cover. Though really, I smell everything. And you know what, next time you're near Craftsman tools...take a wiff, those things stink!
Then I wrote in all the birthdays for the year. Then I laid it on my desk, in the same spot I've kept one for the past 9 years, on the ledge in front of the computer, so I can easily write on it while typing/working. Which I do a lot of, notes of things I need to remember or to do, phone numbers I can't lose.... Then I picked up the old one....and thats when the obsession hit me. I can't throw it out.
I flipped back to January where there were all sorts of phone numbers jotted down that I needed to have handy during our office move. Febuary had the phone numbers to the hospital where Sheri was after her surgery (and the horoscope I mentioned recently still paper clipped to it). March had a post it note with an email address for a friend that no longer works with us, April was packed with moving info & going away lunches, May had a couple of days marked with "dinner w/B", June marked wedding events for Kristina & Jason, July was quiet other than some training at work, August had Last Scrapper Standing deadlines noted, September was packed with birthdays and a visit from my aunt, October 25th had a big blue KADEN! on it and of course November & December was full of holiday plans, parties & reminders of days that Emma was off school...and the phone number for the paralegal that is preparing my divorce papers.
That calander is now sitting in a drawer at my desk. As much as I'm looking forward to 2007, I'm not quite ready to let go of that little reminder of 2006.
2 comments:
How funny.... We really do live parellel lives... I have 3 Google Calendars, an Outlook Calendar, a daily desk calendar, and a monthly calendar on the wall by my desk... I love looking back through the Google one especially at all the nights that I met C or had a Girl's Night or did this or that...It's like my history... right there is cute little squares.
I had to laugh about how you smell everything. JOry is a smeller too. He smells everything!! I find it highly annoying! and yes, he tells me about strange things that stink (like ear wax)
Post a Comment