Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I know this was nearly a week ago, but Greys killed me last week. From the point that Bailey said, "My son is named after his son", I was a mess. A total & complete mess. But this....this is what really got me...


Meredith: George's dad is going into renal failure. My dad's here, everywhere, everyday. He's perfectly healthy and I have nothing to say to him. If Georges dad dies...
Christina: I know.
Meredith: If Thatcher died, my life wouldn't be any different. Is it weird that I'm a little jealous of George?
Christina: Yes.
On top of that, Friday morning on the way to work they read a poem on the radio about dads....followed up with a song about fathers....followed up with a caller sobbing on the phone & saying that she finally understands that dads get mad at us because they love us. And again, water works. Driving 65 mph down the highway & I could hardly see.

In less than 2 months from now, it will be a year since I've talked to my father. Some days I don't even think about him.

Most days I do.

And I don't know what to do about it. I don't know what I want. Most importantly.... I have nothing to say to him.

No comments: