And my job will be the first they overtake.
And you know what?
They
can
have
it.
I hate it. I really do. I've been unhappy with it ever since I transfered to this office back in mid March, but I blamed it on being 'office sick'.... you know, like home sick, but for my old office. I transfered here just a few months shy of my 9 year mark with the company. I left the people that trained me when I started, the people that were at my wedding, the ones that threw me a baby shower & hugged me when Mike & I split. People that are more family than co-workers. I was plopped down into a new family. I replaced a woman that had been here 12 years...talk about pressure. They all knew each other, they had their cliques...same as in Orlando, except I wasn't part of it. Hell, I was damm ring leader in Orlando & here I was no one. (Funny thing, a manager in Orlando got fired shortly after I left & my phone blew up all day with people there calling me to find out what happened. I finally told one of them, I'm 2 hours away, what makes you think *I* know? She said, you're on the grapevine, I know you are. I told her, no, I *AM* the grapevine. And yes, I knew the whole story before the locals did.)
So when I would dreed coming here, I figured that was why. It's now 10 months later & I've found my niche here. Yet, I still hate it. More & more every day. My mom worked her entire carrer in this industry. When I was little & would go to work with her every now & then & tell her that I wanted to do it when I grew up, she always told me not to, not to even get into insurance, ever. There's something about claims that changes who you are. I think differently than non claims people. Mariel & I had that discussion recently. Our brains function differently, it's hard to explain.
Today, I relized that I don't even spend my days typing letters all day, like I once complained about. Instead, I spend my day clicking buttons & telling the computer where to get info from....and it fills out the stupid letters. Seriously, where am I needed in that process.
I don't have a college education, but I have almost 10 years experiance in this field, I have my license to handle claims... I HAVE handled claims in the past. I had a boss that begged me almost daily to go full time adjuster, but I've been here long enough to know the hours they expect out of you & I can't do it. Anywhere else I could do the job & work normal hours, but not here.
And now I struggle with what I want to do. Do I want to go be a rep somewhere else? Do I want to stay in admin, take a pay cut & go do it somewhere else while I find something better....or do that while I go to school for something else. I really don't know what to do. But I know that I hate this. Absolutly hate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment