The office move is done. Finally done. Something that at first was going so smooth & with no stress, turned into lots of stress...but still nothing huge going wrong. Wait. I take that back.
We (my manager, team leaders & myself) went to the office last Wednesday (2 days before the move) to meet with the ADT guy. As we got into the elevator, I noticed the board with all the suite listings on it & said to my manager, aren't we in suite 400? He said yes. I said, that board says we're in 470. So we get up to our floor & notice the sign outside the door, also reading 470. Walk inside, all the permits hanging up say 470. Great. Just great. Either everything in the building is wrong or everything that I've ordered with our address on it so far was wrong. Turns out that when we signed the lease, there was no suite number on it. I guess since we were the only office on that floor, someone on our end assumed that we were 400. Not how it works. We actually tried to get the building management to change us to 400, but no such luck. Friday afternoon at 4pm, as the movers were loading boxes into the truck, we got the call that we were stuck with 470. Which means everything I had ordered was wrong. Oh well, nothing huge.
Starting to be less tired. Actually have dinner & shopping plans tonight with Em & Mariel. I've been in bed by 7:30 every night for the past week, so this is big for me. :)
And, best part of the new office... A gym. Totally free, on the first floor of the building. It's small, but it has all that I need, a treadmill & an exercise ball. I made plans with a co-worker last week for her to be my gym buddy. Monday was crazy, Tuesday she forgot her lunch, Wednesday she forgot her change of clothes...so I hadn't gone yet. T
hen I was talking to a friend in my old office Wednesday afternoon & she said something that hit me. Don't wait for others to make a change for yourself. So Thursday I went during lunch, by myself. Today during lunch I went, by myself. And it feels good.It feels SO good to have that burn. To look up & see my flushed red cheeks. To have that tiny twinge of pain when I bend down to pick something up. I forgot how much I enjoy working out.
To keep me on track, I'll be posting a little photo here each time I go to the gym. Gotta have some sort of accountabilty. :) This one will count for yesterday & today.
1 comment:
so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment