Not a productive weekend whatsoever. But, that's OK. Truely OK.
Stayed in Friday night. Attempted to clean up, but really that's impossiable when Em is home. Got in bed at a decent time, which was nice.
Slept in Saturday morning & woke up too late to make Em's eye doctor appointment. Opps. It's just a check up, no issues, so I'll just call & reschudule it. We got dressed & went to McDonalds for breakfast. Now, that's a bigger deal than it seems. Here's the thing. I can't go to resturants by myself. Just can't do it. Never have, never will. But, I've never gone with just me & her either. Ever. Earlier this week we went to Dennys for dinner, just me & Em. When we pulled in & got out of the car she said to me, "We're going inside? Me & you? We've never gone inside with just me & you before!" Made me think, why haven't we? Cause I'm tired or busy & drive thru is faster? Cause I wouldn't know what to talk to my own daughter about? Cause I'm in a rush to get home & get to something else? No valid reasons. And the smile on her face, the excitement in her voice... such a simple thing was making her so happy.
Later in the week she asked if we could go to McDonalds for breakfast on a day she dosen't have school. So I promised her we'd go Saturday morning. It was nice. And I seriously love that kid.
Went back home, bummed around. Went out to pick up our finished pottery from last weekend. (mine & my ex-SIL's) I showed Em the 4x4 tiles that kids can paint for birthday parties & she wants to have her next party there. That should be fun. :)
Came back home & bummed some more. Then met up with Mariel & Ethan & went to Kobe's for dinner. We tried to go 2 weeks ago, but their was a 2 hour wait. Ever since then, Em's been asking when we're going to the place "where they cook on the table". So we went. My first time in about a year, her first time since she was about 7 months old. She had a great time and is a pro at the chopsticks. :) And can you feel the love between her & Ethan?! She adores him.



After dinner we hit Target. Can't go a weekend without a Target fix! Got my iPod and am TOTALLY in love with it! I've loaded about 275 songs onto it, which is just over 1/4 of the space, no clue how I'll ever fill it up! (Bad photo, sorry!)
Today was just as slow. Got up & got Em ready to go to her dad's house. She wanted to wait for him outside, so we ended up taking a walk around the neighborhood. She found a ladybug on the patio, he went for the walk with us & came home with a giant oak leaf to live on. After she left with her dad, I went & got my nails done, a pedicure & my brows cleaned up. Nice girly pamper day with Mariel that ended with Planet Smoothie. Love my some Spazz!
Cruised eBay & found a wristband holder for my iPod that I refused to pay $40 at Target for .99! Of course it was $9 for shipping, but still, $10 instead of $40. Sold. :)
Talked to a friend online for a bit & was ended up being totally surprised by part of the conversation. I can usually read people pretty well, but he surprised me tonight. I guess I'm just not used to guys not wanting just one thing from me. Not that he's dating matriel, but he's turning out to be more of a friend than I thought he would be. Which is good, he's a fun guy & I've enjoyed his company every time I've been around him. And if what we talked about tonight turns out to happen, I'll be seeing a lot more of him. Nice ending to a great weekend.
2 comments:
so glad to hear an update!
(random comments bear with me)
I have never eaten in a resteraunt by myself either. Not even the dinning hall in college. Go figure...
And my mp3 player has approx 2300 songs on it, let me know if you wanna trade or somethin...
Post a Comment