Thursday, August 17, 2006

{good}

Had a doctor appointment this morning. Finally sucked it up & went. I've been getting migraines for the past few months & over the past couple weeks they have gotten more frequent & more intense. So I found a doctor near the house & made an appointment. Cute little Fillipino lady. She was saying my last name & I could tell she was wondering where it's from, so I said, it's Fillipino, from my ex husband. Her face lit up. We discussed my lack of Tagalg (other than the word that gets screamed when a child is being bad), my love of calamonsi (sp? it's a little lemon lime type fruit that they put on meats/fish, but I love it on plain ole rice) and how I must have a beautiful child since she's mixed. And seriously, white/pinoy babies, cutest babies ever. So glad I started that trend in his family. LOL! (There was a big stink when we first got together since I wasn't Fillipno, but since Emma was born, there's been 4 mixed babies born to 3 couples in his immediate family, each one of them absolutly georgous) Maybe it was something about an accent that I'm so used to hearing, but I liked her. :)

Other than that...


Haven't gotten in a lot of scrapping this week. It's been busy in the evenings. Emma goes to her dads house this weekend, so I'm hoping to get some quiet time Saturday morning after dropping her off. Did my page for round 2 of the Last Scrapper Standing contest. Not expecting to move on, but I really am OK with that. I didn't expect to make it to round 2, so I'm happy with where I'm at. :)

Have I mentioned I love living here?
Cause I do. I really do.
I was walking from the car into the office building this morning & just looked around & smiled. I like it here. That's a good thing. I don't remember ever walking up to my office & thinking that, but here I do. I like the fountain between the buildings. (which we walk around to get to the Cafe & call it, going across the water for lunch) I like going up to the top floor of the parking garage, eating lunch in my car while I watch the planes take off & land. I like sitting outside at the picnic tables & reading the paper. OK... maybe I only like it here during lunch? LOL No. I do. I'm happy here. Not just here at work, but here in general.

Life is good. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great outlook on the day!

Marci said...

Liza, what is your last name? My dh is Filipino, too, I have to agree about the kids. :-D

K G said...

WOW..Liza...That was an awesome post! Life is so great..isn't it?